PLEASE NOTE: OBVIOUS MAGAZINE DOES NOT ACCEPT EDITORIALS FEATURING THE SAME DESIGNER. EDITORIALS MUST PROVIDE VARIOUS DESIGNERS.
Pull Letters are available upon request. You must have a credit card and ID on file with us. Your credit card will not be charged unless items are damaged or not returned.
For Submission proposals, one must provide the following information:
- Short bio about submitter: 1-2 sentences (e.g. location, if represented by agency, specialties)
- Link to website or portfolio. No social media pages on the main website.
- Concept proposal for series
EDITORIAL SUBMISSIONS for an issue
Please note before you submit that we only accept exclusive content. If we find your editorial in another magazine, on social media, online, or blog, we will cut it from the issue.
Additionally, OBVIOUS Magazine can only accept submissions from the photographer. The only time we can make an exception if A) you have a letter of permission from the photographer B) you have proof that you own the copyright to the images.
Requirements for submissions:
OBVIOUS publishes bi-monthly issues releasing in January/February, March/April, May/June, July/August, September/October and November/December. Our issues have themes. Submissions must be in season for each issue and theme.
Deadline for 2018-2019 Print/Tablet Submissions:
- September/October | Fashion Issue: August 7, 2018
- November/December | Travel Issue: October 9, 2018
- January/February 2019 | Beauty & Body Issue: December 4, 2018
- March/April 2019 | Model Issue: February 5, 2019
- May/June 2019 | Summer Issue: April 9, 2019
- July/August 2019 | Music Issue: June 4, 2019
Submit your editorial as ONE high res PDF, including all images from the editorial, wardrobe credits, and team credits. (Here’s an example layout). Make sure all of the wardrobe and team credits are accurate. We do not like to do retractions. Please email all submissions to email@example.com in PDF form.
Editorial submissions are required to have a minimum of 8 looks. Additionally, we do not accept “stylist’s own” for wardrobe credits. Keep that in mind. We want to know the label no matter what, regardless if it belongs to the stylist or is vintage! Same goes for beauty submissions and makeup labels.
OBVIOUS Magazine accepts article feature from designers, artists, musicians, etc. Please send all potential feature(s) content to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘FEATURE’ in Subject Line.
Please note before you submit that we only accept exclusive content. If we find your editorial in another magazine, on social media, online, or blog, we will place on our website.
- Webitorial submissions do not have a theme or couldn’t fit in print edition, however, but we do expect them to be in season.
- We prefer they have a minimum of 6 looks but will make exceptions for editorials we really love.
- Webitorials are still required to have the full wardrobe or makeup credits if accepted.
- Please submit your webitorial as a high res PDF including all images, wardrobe, and team credits to email@example.com with ‘WEBITORIAL’ in Subject Line.
- Webitorials are designed and placed on obviousmag.com within 1-2 weeks (sometimes sooner). You will receive high-res PDFs and jpegs once the design is complete and when it goes live.
MODEL WATCH SUBMISSIONS
Our Model Watch section is reserved for test shoots with new or upcoming models. There are no look or season requirements for this section. Model Watch is a way to have your favorite test work featured and showcases the model. We do have questions about the model if your series is accepted.
Please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘MODEL WATCH’ in Subject Line.
SPONSORED POST/ARTICLE SUBMISSIONS
CONTENTS MUST INCLUDE:
You can write whatever you want around new fashion designers, makeup artists/stylists, collection reviews, interviewing models/designers/fashion icons, the newest fashion trends, fashion week, this upcoming season’s trends, travel + leisure. Make sure your article fits our demographic and brand.
Stay more to current fashion (nothing about vintage/thrifting – OBVIOUS is focused on current/high-end fashion) but you can talk about how past trends/styles/collections relate to ones of today.
IMAGERY USED FOR ARTICLE
If you have any particular images that you would like to be paired with your article, please provide OBVIOUS with either link (the larger the size, the better) or as an email attachment.
You must provide us with the source link to each image. In some cases, we may have a stock image.
- Concept Proposals must be sent to OBVIOUS Magazine for approval before submission.
- All articles must include hi-res images to be incorporated into the article spreads. (if you cannot find any, please specify in an email what images you would like to include).
- Minimum word count – 500 words
- Send all concept proposals to email@example.com with ‘SPONSORED POST/ARTICLE’ in Subject Line.
Your name will be credited along with a link to your website (if you are a blogger/writer).You will be provided with a digital PDF of your featured article along with the cover of the issue and the table of contents if your article goes to print. If web only, you will receive a link via email.
We’re looking forward to working with you. – OBVIOUS Magazine